1. Have you ever lost your keys in a football helmet?
On Saturday, my boys’ football teams had pictures, equipment check-in and a pizza party. While we were there, I was keeping my eye on the clock because I also needed to get my youngest boy to his soccer game in another town.
But somewhere between pictures, changing clothes, equipment check-in and the pizza party, I lost my keys.
I had searched the car, the parking lot, the check-in table, the bleachers, my kid’s pockets… everywhere except my son’s football helmet which by now had been added to the huge heap of 1st-6th grade football equipment piled on a flat-bed trailer.
Fortunately, one of the coaches remembered the general vicinity of my son’s equipment and miraculously found my keys resting in the bottom (or is it the top?) of my son’s football helmet.
How we ever found my keys in that mess, will forever be a miracle to me.
2. Have you ever been late to be early to where you needed to be?
The key fiasco ended up making me 3 minutes late to be early for my son’s soccer game. Which means that instead of being 15 minutes early to the game, we were only 12 minutes early. Which means we were late.
This was a difficult concept to explain to my 5-year-old.
3. Have you ever questioned whether or not the book you were reading was actually written by the author listed on the cover?
Sometimes I find myself getting to know an author and knowing their style and then reading one of their books that just doesn’t seem to read the same….
That’s when I wonder whether they actually wrote the book or just put their name on the cover.
4. Have you ever noticed how peaceful and beautiful the sunrise is in the country?
5. Have you ever went hunting with a 5-year-old?
Early one morning this weekend, my two older boys went with their Dad to care for the cows on the ranch, leaving me and my youngest all alone at the house. I dressed us both for comfort in sweatpants and sweatshirts and made a fire in the woodstove, happy to hibernate for the day.
Then my youngest, loading BB’s into his BB gun, asked me if I’d go hunting with him.
How could I possibly say no?
6. Have you ever went hunting with a 5-year-old and happened upon a deer?
7. Have you ever noticed how cold hardy cilantro is?
I didn’t plant a fall garden this year due to the drought, so anything that comes up in my garden at this point is purely volunteer.
I love volunteers!
8. Have you ever had Chicken and Wild Rice Soup?
It’s hardy. It’s filling. And really tasty.
9. Have you ever been to Bass Pro Shop with 3 boys and 1 gift card?
… and wore the wrong shoes and seriously considered having your boys push you around in one of the shopping carts?
10. Have you ever noticed how peaceful and beautiful the sunset is in the country? Especially in the fall?