The fact that they are drowned in butter may have something to do with that.
Here’s how you make them
Here’s the recipe
2 TBL. salted butter, melted in pan
1/2 cup flour
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Place 2 TBL butter in an 8×10 or 8×8 pan. Place in oven to melt while preparing the batter.
3. Mix flour, soda, salt, brown sugar, pecans, eggs and vanilla.
4. Pour mixture over melted butter.
5. Bake 20-25 min. or until center is set.
6. Run a knife along the edge of the pan to loosen the cookies. Turn the cookies upside down onto a piece of aluminum foil.
7. Sprinkle powdered sugar over top and cut into squares.