It’s Monday. Here are a few of my thoughts…
1. I didn’t sleep well last night.
Just as I got all cozied up on my pillowtop for the night, an obnoxiously loud chirping sound rang through the window from outside.
“What is that sound?” I whispered to my husband.
“It’s a whip-poor-will,” he replied.
A few beats passed.
“Is it nocturnal?” I asked.
“Yup,” he replied.
The chirping was relentless.
“Is there a hunting season for them?” I asked, half way kidding.
“No,” He replied as he fell into a deep, sound sleep as if the whip-poor-will’s call was a soothing lullaby.
2. I had a nightmare that an African Grey, like the one I had as a child, was at the foot of my bed scolding me for having thoughts of murdering the poor whip-poor-will.
3. I visited my garden over the weekend.
It looked bad.
Yes, I’m still planning on selling produce at the market, why do you ask?
I have help.
I’m quite excellent at both sports. I’ll just hang out in the garden a bit. Maybe pull a few weeds.
4. There is a turkey gobbling in the distance. I’m pretty sure it’s turkey season.
Just kidding about the whip-poor-will part.
6. I made bread over the weekend for the first time in 9 months. My Mimi’s recipe. I was so proud of the dough that I called my husband in to look at it and admire it with me. He obliged. Then informed me we needed to go to town. Now. And to pack up the dough and bring it.
7. Today I will be sorting cows with my husband.
8. The whip-poor-will is still at it.