Over the weekend…
1. I attended, cheered and photographed two out of three soccer games.
2. I provided snacks for two out of three soccer games.
3. I threw my 6-year-old’s 7th birthday party.
4. It involved cake balls.
5. And a pinata.
6. With candy.
7. The good news is, he’s still 6.
8. The sad news is, he will be turning 7 real soon.
9. This list isn’t making any sense.
10. I wonder if this will be an ongoing pattern for the day?
11. Maybe you should send a substitute teacher for the kids just in case.
12. Where was I going with this?
13. Oh, yes. The weekend.
14. I realized, over the weekend, while helping my husband move cattle, feed cattle, hay cattle and fix fence to contain cattle that Monday (that’s today), is Halloween.
15. Which means I won’t be able to order that astronaut costume I’d told my four-year-old I would order in time for Halloween.
16. Fortunately, my four-year-old believed me when I told him everybody loves a cute cowboy.
17. And that he would probably get more candy.
18. Happy Halloween!