My family loves these cute little parfaits layered with vanilla yogurt, fresh (or frozen) fruit and easy homemade granola. I serve them for breakfast, for midday snacks or sometimes just for fun. The granola I use for these parfaits is so simple, I bet you have all of the ingredients in your pantry as we speak!
Here’s the recipe:
2 cups old fashioned oats
3/4 cups nuts (almonds, pecans, etc.)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 Tbl. canola oil
1 1/2 Tbl. honey
1. Preheat oven to 300
2. Toss oats and nuts directly on cookie sheet and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, canola oil and honey. Heat until just combined.
4. Pour mixture over the oats and nuts.
5. Gently toss together on the cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 300 for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time.
Store in an airtight container.